What I Did
- Filming (sequences with young narrator)
- Narration recording
- Music composition/production
What I Used
- Panasonic DMC-GH3
- iFootage Shark Slider S1
- SLR Magic Hyperprime 12mm f/1.6
- Voigtlander Nokton 25mm f/0.95
- iStockphoto video footage
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Ableton Live
- Spitfire Audio libraries
- Collaboration with Woodbridge Communications
The launch of Ingenuity Lab was a major development for Alberta’s scientific landscape. This center for nanotechnology (materials science) research needed a startup awareness campaign, and I worked with their team to produce a forward-looking video.
I wrote the script and coached the competent young narrator – evoking an earnest performance that underscored the hopefulness of this new area of scientific inquiry.
The scope of images and some tight timelines dictated the use of stock footage. However, this project demonstrated that any footage can be personalized with suitable writing, music and editing.